As a self-proclaimed coffee connoisseur, I’ve tried just about every method out there to reach caffeine nirvana. From automatic drip machines to manual Siphon devices, I’ve brewed it all!
But today, I want to introduce you to something truly unique and remarkable in the world of coffee – the 9Barista Espresso Machine.
A symphony of engineering and artistry, this machine has to be seen (and tasted) to be believed. When I first laid eyes on the 9Barista, it was like a beacon amidst a sea of stainless steel and plastic.
Its compact, sleek design, coupled with promising features, had me hooked from the get-go. But having been burnt before (figuratively, not literally), I waited until I could try it myself.
So many espresso machines promise the moon and stars but deliver more of a ‘moon crater’ experience). So, I was cautiously optimistic going into this review. Spoiler alert: the 9Barista Espresso Machine didn’t just meet expectations – it brewed them right out of the water.
Now let’s dive into our 9Barista espresso machine review.
Unboxing the 9Barista
The moment the package arrived at my doorstep, I knew I was in for a treat. The box itself was sturdy, well-labeled, and had an air of anticipation about it.
As I carefully slipped the cutter through the tape, the box opened to reveal a world of coffee wonderment.
Inside, nestled like a hidden treasure, was the 9Barista espresso machine itself. Its compact size was immediately striking, and the gleaming metal finish caught the afternoon sunlight, promising many future mornings of delicious espresso.
But that wasn’t all! Alongside the machine were a few more goodies:
- A perfectly weighted 9Barista tamper designed to pack your coffee grounds just right.
- A heat transfer plate, which makes the machine compatible with most gas cookers (though, heads up for my induction stove users, you’ll need an induction plate).
- A handy ‘getting started’ instructions guide. Clear, concise, and easy to follow – just what a coffee newbie like me needs!
- Spare parts, including a safety ring and boiler o-ring, show 9Barista’s thoughtful consideration for long-term use.
My first impression? This machine is one solid piece of craftsmanship. It’s not just the weight but the whole feel of it. It’s compact, sure, but it doesn’t compromise on quality.
Every part of it screams durability and attention to detail. And did I mention how stylish it looks? It’s like having a little piece of a chic European café right in my kitchen.
The 9Barista espresso machine certainly made a strong first impression. It’s not just a tool but a statement piece. I could already imagine the rich, crema-topped espresso shots it would produce. But for a moment, I just admired its beauty.
Features and Benefits
So, what makes this gadget stand out from the crowd of other espresso machines?
- Patented Technology: This isn’t your grandma’s stovetop percolator. The 9Barista uses a unique, patented technology that sets it apart from other espresso machines. It’s like having a little piece of the future right in your kitchen.
- Compact Design: If your kitchen counter is already cluttered with gadgets and gizmos aplenty, you’ll love the 9Barista’s small footprint. It’s perfect for those of us who need to save space but aren’t willing to compromise on quality.
- Stovetop Use: No need for fancy schmancy electric outlets or special adaptors. This espresso machine operates right on your stovetop, giving it a versatility that’s hard to beat.
- Jet-Engineered: Yes, you read that right. This machine is the first jet-engineered stovetop espresso maker, enhancing its efficiency and the quality of its brew. So, every morning, you can enjoy an espresso shot that’s as thrilling as a jet ride.
- High Pressure: The 9Barista produces 9 bars of pressure at 93°C, which is the sweet spot for making espresso.
But what do these features mean for you, the user?
- Unique Brewing Experience: With its patented technology, the 9Barista offers a brewing experience that’s second to none. It’s not just about the end product; it’s about the journey. And trust me, brewing with 9Barista is a journey you’ll want to embark on every day.
- Space-Saving: Its compact design can fit into even the most crowded kitchen. No need to toss out your beloved toaster or blender to make room for it.
- Versatility: Whether you’re at home, at the office, or camping in the great outdoors, as long as there’s a stovetop, you can have top-notch espresso.
- Quality Espresso: The jet-engineered design ensures you get high-quality espresso. Each cup is a symphony of flavors that will wake you up better than any alarm clock.
- Professional Standard: The 9Barista mimics professional espresso machines with high pressure and proper temperature brewing.
Brewing with the 9Barista
Let’s talk about the workflow. It’s not terrible, but it does require some patience and elbow grease. It’s more like a slow dance than a quick step.
Here’s your step-by-step guide to the brewing process:
- Unscrew the Base: This is surprisingly hard to do the first time. It’s like opening a jar of pickles that’s been sealed by Hercules himself.
- Fill with Water: Easy enough, right? Just remember, too much water, and you’ll have a mess. Too little, and well, you won’t get your espresso.
- Re-Screw the Base: Another round of arm wrestling with the machine. But hey, who needs a gym when you have a 9Barista?
- Load the Basket/Portafilter (PF): Here’s where you put in your favorite coffee.
- Lock it In: Once you’ve loaded your coffee, lock it in place.
- Brew time: Set it on the stove and brew. The 9Barista will do its thing. You can expect it to take around 6 minutes to brew. So, sit back and relax while you wait for the magic to happen!
- Ready To Serve: It’s now time to enjoy your coffee. Make sure you savor every sip!
Now, I won’t sugarcoat it: there’s a fair amount of screwing and unscrewing involved. And it’s not exactly a breeze. And once you’ve got it ready and on the stove, it takes about six minutes to brew.
Yes, six minutes might seem like an eternity when you’re craving that caffeine kick. But think of it this way: it’s the perfect amount of time to make a breakfast burrito. Or even meditate – because who couldn’t use a little more zen in their lives?
Personal Experience and Tasting Notes
The first sip of espresso from the 9Barista was rich, bold, and full of flavor. Each subsequent sip was just as delightful, revealing subtle notes of chocolate and caramel.
However, cleaning the machine is another story. After brewing, you’re left with a hunk of hot metal that takes about 15 minutes to cool down. During that time, I usually do a little happy dance around the kitchen to celebrate the delicious espresso I just enjoyed. But if you’re in a rush, this could be a deal-breaker.
The 9Barista is perfect for slow, lazy mornings when you can savor the espresso process. But on those hectic weekdays when you’re rushing out the door, you might want to stick to something quicker.
So, is the 9Barista worth it? Absolutely! It’s a unique experience that delivers high-quality espresso. But like any good relationship, it requires patience, commitment, and a little bit of hard work.
Pros and Cons
It’s time to spill the beans – or maybe grind them? Let’s talk pros and cons of the 9Barista Espresso Machine.
First off, let’s chat about the good stuff.
- High-Quality Espresso: I don’t know about you, but when I wake up in the morning, the first thing I crave is a cup of Joe that’s going to knock me off my feet. And let me tell you, the 9Barista delivers. Each shot is smooth, robust, and packed with flavor.
- Compact Size: If your kitchen counter is anything like mine (overrun with gadgets), you’ll appreciate just how petite this machine is. It’s small enough to tuck away in a cabinet, but let’s be honest, it’s too pretty to hide.
- Unique Design: Speaking of pretty, let’s take a moment to appreciate the 9Barista’s sleek aesthetics. Its polished silver exterior and mechanical design are a sight for sore eyes. It’s like having a mini work of art in my kitchen.
- Anywhere Brewing: Whether you’re at home, on a RV camping trip, or stealing a few minutes in the office kitchenette, as long as there’s a stovetop, you can whip up a delicious espresso.
But, as with everything in life, there’s also a flip side. Here are the not-so-great parts.
- Time-Consuming: When I was making making multiple shots, I had to be prepared to put in the time. I would never try to serve a caffeine-craving crowd or use it when rushing to get out the door in the morning.
- Labor-Intensive: The 9Barista isn’t a push-button-and-go kind of machine. It requires some effort – grinding the beans, tamping them just right, and then cleaning up afterward. But nothing worthwhile ever comes easy.
The 9Barista has bold, strong points and just a hint of bitterness. But isn’t that part of the charm? Sometimes coffee isn’t just about convenience; it’s about the experience. And the 9Barista delivers an experience unlike any other.
Price Comparison with Other Espresso Machines
I won’t sugarcoat it – the 9Barista is not cheap, clocking in at around $500 shipped. It’s like the Rolls Royce of manual espresso machines. But quality comes at a price, right?
- The Cafelat Robot gives the 9Barista a run for its money, sitting pretty at $450. It’s like the Bentley to the 9Barista’s Rolls Royce. Still high-end, but a tad more affordable.
- The Espresso Forge isn’t far behind. At $400, it’s like the Mercedes of espresso machines – luxurious, but not quite as pricey.
- The Flair Manual Espresso Maker, on the other hand, is the economy car of the group. It offers options in the $200 to $300 range, making it a great choice for those on a budget.
Final Thoughts on 9Barista Espresso Machine Review
I truly believe that a good cup of coffee has the potential to either make or break your day. Fortunately, the 9Barista coffee maker lives up to expectations and does not disappoint.
From its sleek design to its jet-engineered brewing process, it’s clear that this machine is designed with the true coffee lover in mind.
Here are the standout points that really left an impression on me:
- The Taste: The 9Barista delivers a rich, full-bodied espresso shot that would satisfy even the most discerning coffee connoisseur. Each sip was a symphony of flavors that left me wanting more.
- The Process: There’s something oddly satisfying about brewing coffee on a stovetop. It feels more personal, more involved. Plus, the patented technology and jet-engineering ensure the process is as smooth as the coffee it brews.
- The Design: Compact, stylish, and durable – the 9Barista ticks all the boxes. It’s not just a coffee machine; it’s an addition to your kitchen decor.
- Versatility: Whether you’re at home, camping, or at a picnic, as long as there’s a heat source, you can have top-notch coffee. Coffee lovers on the go, rejoice!
But no product is perfect, right? And in the spirit of honest reviews, here’s what I think could be better:
- The Price: The 9Barista is a bit on the pricey side. But considering the quality and durability, I’d say it’s an investment worth making.
So, is the 9Barista Espresso Machine worth it? In my humble opinion – absolutely. It’s a fantastic piece of equipment that delivers on its promises.
In the words of our favorite coffee-loving TV character, Agent Dale Cooper, “Every day, once a day, give yourself a present.” And if you ask me, the 9Barista is a gift worth giving to yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the 9Barista compare to other stovetop espresso machines?
The 9Barista stands out from other stovetop espresso machines due to its unique twin-boiler system, high-pressure brewing, and flavorful, cafe-quality espresso it produces.
What makes the 9Barista’s brewing process unique?
The 9Barista uses a patented jet-engine technology to create the ideal 9-bars pressure that’s perfect for brewing espresso. This ensures a well-extracted cup every time.
Is the 9Barista easy to clean and maintain?
Absolutely! With its simple and intuitive design, the 9Barista is very easy to clean after each use and does not require frequent maintenance.
Can I use any type of coffee beans with the 9Barista?
Yes, the 9Barista works well with any type of coffee beans. However, for the best results, it is recommended to use freshly ground beans.
What kind of warranty does the 9Barista come with?
The 9Barista comes with a one-year warranty, covering any manufacturing defects. The company also offers excellent customer service should you encounter any issues.