Dual coffee makers are the perfect device for people who can’t make up their minds. You adore the taste of a full pot of coffee but want the convenience of a single-serve brewer. What’s a coffee lover to do?
Enter the dual coffee maker – the best of both worlds. These machines let you brew a single cup or a full pot, and they come in all shapes and sizes. Some use traditional k-cups for the single-serve brewer, while others have filter baskets that hold just enough coffee grounds for a single serving (letting you use your own coffee beans).
There is a dual coffee maker out there for you no matter your needs. To help you find the best one, we’ve compiled a list of the ten best dual coffee makers on the market. Keep reading to learn more, and be sure to check out our buyer’s guide at the end.
Best Dual Coffee Makers
- Brews ultra-flavorful coffee from both fresh coffee grounds and pods
- Customize your brew with your choice of 3 styles – Classic, Rich, or Over Ice
- Thermal Flavor Extraction Duo delivers perfect flavor for grounds and pods with even saturation and precise temperature control
The Ninja DualBrew System is perfect for coffee lovers because it brews ultra-flavorful coffee from both fresh coffee grounds and single-serve pods. Customize your brew with your choice of 3 styles – Classic, Rich, or Over Ice. Plus, the unit features a Keep Warm function, Delay Brew option, and removable reservoir for easy refilling.
However, this coffee maker really stands out because it can also make iced coffee. Brew fresh coffee over ice for flavorful iced coffee that’s never watered down. The adjustable warming plate keeps coffee warm for up to 4 hours, so you can enjoy your delicious brew whenever you want.
My favorite feature of the Ninja DualBrew is the Thermal Flavor Extraction Duo. This technology delivers perfect flavor for grounds and pods with even saturation and precise temperature control. The easy-to-clean parts and removable Ninja pod adapter make it simple to keep your coffee maker in top condition. So if you’re looking for a dual coffee maker that can do it all, the Ninja DualBrew System is definitely worth checking out.
Pros of Ninja DualBrew Coffee System:
- Multiple Brew Styles: The machine offers Classic, Rich, Over Ice, and Specialty brews.
- Versatility: Compatible with coffee grounds and K-Cup pods.
- Large Water Reservoir: The large 60-oz. water reservoir allows for multiple cups to be brewed without frequent refilling.
- Includes Carafe: Comes with a 12-cup carafe.
Cons of Ninja DualBrew Coffee System:
- Size: Due to its multi-functional nature, this coffee maker may take up more counter space than single-serve models.
- Price: Can be pricier than other coffee makers due to its advanced features.
- Flexible brewing options – single serve or full pot
- Easy to program and use
- Auto pause & serve
- Brew with or without single-serve packs
Coffee drinkers are like snowflakes, and no two are the same. With the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio, you can customize how and what you brew to fit your needs. This coffee maker has two easy-fill reservoirs and easy-view water windows, so you can always keep an eye on your levels.
The carafe side also has a programmable timer and 2-hour auto shut-off, so you don’t have to worry about leaving it on. The single brewing side lets you brew into a cup or 8″ tall travel mug, so this coffee machine has you covered whether you like to drink your coffee solo or share with a friend. And if that wasn’t enough, the included permanent, gold-tone filter eliminates the need for paper filters.
The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio makes it easy no matter your coffee preference. If you’re looking for a coffee maker that will let you customize your brewing experience, look no further – the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio is perfect for coffee lovers of all types.
Pros of Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio:
- Versatility: The machine offers three different ways to brew coffee.
- Compatibility with K-Cup Pods and Coffee Grounds: You can use a K-Cup pod or your own coffee grounds on the single-serving side.
- Programmable Full Pot Brewing: The machine allows for wake-up ready coffee with easy-touch programming.
- Large Water Reservoir: The large 56 oz. water reservoir allows for brewing up to 7 single servings without frequent refilling.
Cons of Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio:
- Size: Due to its multi-functional nature, it has a wide footprint.
- Cleaning: Some users have reported that cleaning the machine, particularly the single-serve side, can be a bit challenging.
- Brews ultra-flavorful coffee from both fresh coffee grounds and pods
- You can brew coffee and espresso simultaneously
- The machine is programmable, so you can wake up to freshly brewed coffee every day
- It has a Bold Setting function that lets you customize your preference
- Advanced Steam Wand allows you to froth milk for lattes and cappuccinos
- Enjoy an intuitive and enhanced experience with Digital Touchscreen
If you love coffee and espresso but hate wasting countertop space with multiple machines, this is the perfect machine. Dual Heating System and Italian 15 BAR Pressure Pump will give you a rich flavor that would be hard to find in other coffee machines of this style. Plus, with Advanced Steam Wand and Bold Setting Function, your taste buds will be delighted!
Another great quality of this coffee machine is that it is programmable, so you can wake up to freshly brewed coffee every day. And with the spill-proof carafe, you don’t have to worry about any messes. It’s a coffee maker for anyone who wants convenience and great taste all in one!
Multiple brew settings, digital timers, and a carafe that doesn’t spill? Sign. Me. Up!
Pros of De’Longhi All-in-One:
- Versatility: The machine offers the ability to brew two drinks at once1.
- Dual-Sided Brewer: Prepares espresso drinks and drip coffee at the same time2.
- Compact Design: The compact 2-in-1 design fits easily on a kitchen counter2.
- Programmable Timer: Features a 24-hour programmable timer3.
- Advanced Milk Frother: Includes an advanced milk frother for making lattes or hot chocolate45.
Cons of De’Longhi All-in-One:
- Size: As a dual brewer, it has a wide layout that takes up more space than single serve coffee machines.
- Cleaning: Some users have reported that cleaning the machine, particularly the espresso side, can be a bit challenging.
- Compatible with K-Cup pods, Nespresso capsules, and your own ground coffee
- Tailor every pour to your preference
- Brew coffee at the optimum temperature and pressure for café-quality beverages
- Brew coffee from your own grounds with included reusable pod
- Large, removable 68 oz water reservoir
The Instant Pot Dual Pod Plus 3-in-1 Coffee Maker is awesome. With its compatibility with K-Cup pods, Nespresso capsules, and your own freshly ground coffee, you can tailor every pour to your exact preferences. Plus, with adjustable brew strength, you can make a bolder cup of coffee if that’s what you’re in the mood for.
And if you like your coffee with a touch of espresso, the Instant Pot has you covered there, too – it brews at the optimum temperature (195F) and pressure (19-bar pump for espresso) for café-quality beverages. Plus, the large, removable 68oz water reservoir means you can brew more coffee before having to refill – and it’s also travel mug friendly, fitting up to 7″ tall 16-ounce travel mugs.
The Instant Pot is easy to clean, too – the used capsules drop into the removable container, and the removable drip tray can be quickly rinsed. So if you’re looking for a great all-in-one coffee maker, the Instant Pot Dual Pod Plus 3-in-1 Coffee Maker is a great option.
Pros of Instant Pot Dual Pod Plus:
- 3-in-1 Functionality: The machine offers compatibility with K-Cup® pods, Nespresso capsules, and your own ground coffee[^1^][^2^].
- Café Quality Beverages: Allows you to enjoy café quality beverages at home[^1^].
- Reusable Pod: Includes a reusable pod for using your own ground coffee[^2^][^8^].
- Multi-Pod Technology: One of the only coffee makers that brews coffee and espresso in one machine[^5^].
Cons of Instant Pot Dual Pod Plus:
- Incompatibility: According to a user review, it is not compatible with certain 3rd party coffee pods.
- Size: It’s a little wider than some compact single serve machines, and deep compared to others on the list.
- Enjoy a variety of brew sizes.
- Brews up to 12 cups of coffee at once
- Adjust carafe temperature to your liking
- Brew coffee from your own grounds with included reusable pod
The Cuisinart Coffee Center 12-Cup Coffeemaker and Single-Serve Brewer is perfect for coffee lovers who want to brew their favorite drink with a few simple steps. With its fully automatic features, this machine makes it easy to enjoy your morning cup of Joe.
The single-serve side can be used in three different sizes – 6oz, 8oz, or 12oz. In addition, the removable water reservoir means you can easily refill it when needed. The carafe side brews up to 12 cups at once and also has a charcoal water filter for superior taste. You can even adjust the carafe temperature to your liking!
The Cuisinart Coffee Center 12-Cup Coffeemaker and Single-Serve Brewer is the perfect machine for anyone who wants ease of use and customizable features in their coffee maker. With its sleek design and durable construction, this coffee maker will make your mornings a little brighter.
Pros of Cuisinart Coffee Center:
- Versatility: Offers both a 12-cup coffeemaker and a single-serve brewer in one machine.
- Multiple Serving Sizes: Provides three serving sizes for the single-serve brewer.
- Compatibility with Single Cup Pods: Compatible with any brand of single cup pod including Keurig K-Cup pods.
- Reusable Filter Cup: Includes Cuisinart’s HomeBarista Reusable Filter Cup.
Cons of Cuisinart Coffee Center:
- Size: Given its dual functionality it is wider than the standard Cuisinart 12 cup brewer.
- Cleaning: Some users have reported that cleaning the machine can be somewhat challenging.
- Brew a full pot using your favorite fresh coffee grounds or make a single cup using a K Pod with this dual coffee maker
- Compact design makes it a space-saver
- Coffee Volume Versatility to brew a 10, 12, or 14-cup carafe in 10 to 14-min and an 8, 10, or 12-ounce cup in just 3-min
This dual coffee maker has two different brewing options, so you can make a full pot or a single cup using a K-cup pod in the same brew location. The compact design also makes it a space-saver, and the large removable reservoir allows for easy refilling and cleaning. Plus, the coffee maker will keep your coffee hot for 2 hours with its automatic shut-off feature.
This isn’t your standard side-by-side dual brewer. The BOLY 2 Way Brewer is a coffee maker with a k-cup and pot that has a large removable reservoir and adjustable step-less knob. This coffee maker can do it all, whether you want to brew a 10, 12, or 14-cup carafe or an 8, 10, or 12-ounce cup. And since the reusable coffee filter is environmentally friendly and saves money, there’s no need for paper filters. The box includes the coffee filter basket, filter holder, K pod holder, and glass carafe are dishwasher safe, so cleanup is easy.
Pros of BOLY 2 Way Brewer:
- Versatility: Offers both a full pot and a single-serve brewing option1.
- Easy to Use: All operations can be handled with a simple knob1.
- Compact Design: Its small footprint makes it suitable for compact kitchens1.
- 2-Hour Heat Retention: Keeps your coffee hot for up to two hours1.
Cons of BOLY 2 Way Brewer:
- Limited Brew Styles: Unlike some other machines, this model does not offer different brew styles.
- Brew a single cup or carafe of coffee
- 12 cup thermal carafe included with your brewer and keeps coffee warm for up to 2 hours
- Programmable carafe auto-brew: Program your Coffee maker to automatically brew a carafe up to 24 hours in advance.
If you are looking for a coffee maker with all the features of a Keurig K-Cup brewer and brews carafe coffee, then the Keurig K-Duo Plus Single Serve & Carafe coffee maker is perfect. This machine can brew both single cups using ground coffee beans or traditional k-cup pods. It also has multiple settings to choose from, which gives users more control over their brewing experience.
The carafe is available in black and also includes an easy pour feature with pause and serve technology, so there’s no need to wait for it to heat up before pouring your drink. The K-Duo Plus is compatible with the Keurig My K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter as well! If you want a Keurig coffee machine that can do it all, check out this brewer.
Pros of Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker:
- Versatility: It offers the ability to brew a single serving using K-Cup pods or a full carafe using ground coffee.
- Included Accessories: Comes with a 12-cup thermal carafe and 15 K-Cup Pods.
- Highly Rated: Ranked among the top models in a comprehensive review of Keurig coffee makers.
Cons of Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker:
- Price: Most costly than a few other on the list, but you are getting a known brand-name machine.
- Comes with advanced water filtration for better-tasting coffee
- Fully programmable with a Brew Later feature
- K-Cup compatible for those who prefer pods
- Thermal carafe keeps coffee hot and flavorful for hours
- Choose between strong or regular coffee with the Strong Brew Selector
- Auto pause lets you pour a cup while brewing is still in progress
The Mr. Coffee Pod + 10-Cup Space-Saving Combo Brewer has many features that make it convenient to brew single cups or a whole pot of coffee. It also includes advanced water filtration and comes with a thermal carafe, so your hot java will still be hot hours later!
If all of these features weren’t enough to convince you, the Mr. Coffee Pod + 10-Cup Space-Saving Combo Brewer is also fully programmable! You can easily select how much coffee you want to brew and even set a timer to have it ready when you wake up in the morning. Brew your favorite coffee blend or try a new flavor using the K-Cup coffee pods – this machine has got you covered!
Whether you’re an experienced coffee lover or just starting out, the Mr. Coffee Pod + 10-Cup Space-Saving Combo Brewer is perfect for everyone.
Pros of Coffee Pod + 10-Cup Combo Brewer:
- Versatility: Offers both a single-serve option using a pod and a carafe option using grounds.
- Space-Saving: Its compact design saves 50% more countertop space.
- Strong Brew Selector: Allows for a stronger brew for those who prefer a robust cup of coffee.
- Reusable Filter: Comes with a reusable filter for those who prefer to use coffee grounds.
Cons of Coffee Pod + 10-Cup Combo Brewer:
- Limited Brand Compatibility: Unlike other machines, it is not clear if this model is compatible with a wide range of coffee pod brands.
- Lack of Advanced Features: Does not have advanced features like temperature control or programmable brewing times.
- Brews a full 12 cup pot of coffee in the glass carafe or up to 14 oz in your travel mug
- Single-serve option includes a capsule holder for capsules and a single-serve filter for ground coffee
- Touchscreen panel is easy to use
There’s nothing quite like the taste of a freshly brewed pot of coffee. And with this Farberware dual brew coffee maker, you can enjoy that fresh-brewed taste every day with ease. This machine is perfect for anyone who wants the flexibility to brew a pot of coffee or a single serving using their favorite type of coffee bean – whether it’s ground or in a capsule.
The touchscreen panel makes it easy to use all the features of this coffee maker, and the removable drip tray makes it easy to clean. Plus, the stylish design is perfect for any kitchen. So if you’re looking for a versatile machine that lets you brew your coffee your way, the Farberware dual brew coffee maker is a great choice.
Pros of Farberware Dual Brew Coffee Maker:
- Versatility: It offers the ability to brew both coffee and espresso.
- Easy to Clean: Features a removable water reservoir and coffee filter basket.
- Programmable: You can set it to brew coffee to be ready when you wake up.
- Precise Temperature Control: This feature ensures optimal extraction of flavors from coffee grounds or pods.
Cons of Farberware Dual Brew Coffee Maker:
- Brew Time: It takes about 10 minutes to brew a whole pot of 10+ cups.
- Limited Cup Capacity: The smaller model only has a capacity of up to 4 cups.
- Brews barista quality coffee drinks
- Built-in steam wand for creating silky and smooth froth
- Digital display and touch control panel that makes it easy to select cup size and brew espresso or drip coffee
- Easy to clean
You’ll love the Galanz 2-in-1 Pump Espresso Machine and Single Serve Coffee Maker. This machine is great for making barista-quality coffee drinks at home. It has a built-in steam wand that creates silky and smooth froth and a digital display and touch control panel that makes it easy to select cup sizes and brew espresso or brew drip coffee.
The machine also has a large 1.2L water tank that’s transparent, so you can easily monitor the water level. Plus, it’s easy to clean! The removable drip tray and water tank make it a breeze to keep this coffee maker looking and running like new.
Compared to other coffee makers on the market, the Galanz 2-in-1 Pump Espresso Machine and Single Serve Coffee Maker is a great value!
Pros of Galanz 2-in-1:
- Versatility: It offers the ability to brew both espresso and coffee.
- Easy to Clean: Features a removable water tank.
- LED Display Touch Control: For easy operation.
- Large Capacity: This machine can make between 5-10 cups of coffee.
Cons of Galanz 2-in-1:
- Size: Given its dual functionality and large capacity, this machine may take a lot of counter space.
How Important is Customization?
When it comes to coffee, customization is key. You want to be able to choose your own roast, grind, and flavor profile. With a dual coffee maker, you can do just that and more. Some machines come with customizable settings, while others let you use different types of pods or pots.
If customization is important to you, be sure to check out the complete list of features before you buy. Some machines come with specialized brewing options like iced coffee, while others let you choose the strength of your brew.
Why you should buy a dual coffee maker
If you’re still on the fence about buying a dual coffee maker, here are a few reasons to consider:
Having a single machine that can do both brewing methods is incredibly convenient. You won’t have to switch between machines every time you want to make a cup of coffee. And with only one machine, you won’t have to worry about where to plug in multiple appliances.
Dual coffee makers are often more affordable than buying separate machines. You can get a lot of use out of them, and they make it easy to switch between brewing methods.
Dual coffee makers come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so you can find one that fits your needs. Whether you want a machine with a large carafe or one that can brew multiple cups at once, there’s a dual coffee maker for you.
What to look for when buying a dual coffee maker
Before you buy a dual coffee maker, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
The type of coffee brewer
Not all dual coffee makers use the same brewing method. Some of them have single-serve k-cup brewers, while others have traditional filters. Make sure the machine you choose can do the type of brewing you want.
The size of the machine
Dual coffee makers come in all shapes and sizes, so you need to choose one that’s right for your needs. If you want a machine with a large carafe, be sure to look for one that has a 12-cup capacity or higher. If you’re looking for a single-serve brewer, make sure it has a k-cup adapter.
Dual coffee makers come with a variety of features, so you need to choose one that’s right for you. Some machines have timers or automatic shut-offs, while others have programmable brew strengths. Choose the features that are important to you and make sure the machine has them.
Dual coffee makers can be expensive, so you want to make sure you’re getting a machine that’s built to last. Look for one with high-quality materials and construction.
Steel vs glass carafe
Most dual coffee makers come with a steel carafe, but some come with a glass carafe. If you’re worried about breakage, go for the steel carafe. But if you want to see the brewing process, choose a machine with a glass carafe. Some steel carafes can also be glass-lined, so they offer the best of both worlds.
Dual coffee makers range in price from around $30 to $200. Choose the one that fits your budget and needs. Also, it can be worth spending a little more for a machine that has better build quality and features.
Tips and tricks to get the most out of your new machine
Once you’ve bought your new dual coffee maker, there are a few things you can do to get the most out of it:
Clean it regularly
Cleaning your machine is essential for making great coffee. Be sure to clean all of the parts regularly and use a descaling solution every few months to keep it running smoothly.
Brew a test pot
Before you make a full pot of coffee, brew a test pot to make sure the settings are correct. You may need to adjust the water temperature or the amount of coffee grounds depending on your machine type.
Experiment with different types of coffee
Not all coffee is created equal. Experiment with different types of beans and roasts to find the ones that you like best.
Types of Dual Coffee Makers
There are a few different types of dual coffee makers on the market, and each one has its own benefits and drawbacks. Two way coffee makers are the most common type and they come with a single-serve brewer and a traditional filter. They’re perfect for people who want the flexibility to brew different types of coffee. Here’s a quick overview of the most popular types:
Drip coffee maker with k-cup adapter
This type of machine is perfect for people who want the convenience of a single-serve brewer with the flexibility of a drip coffee maker. The k-cup adapter allows you to use any type of k-cup pod to experiment with different flavors.
However, this type of machine often doesn’t have all of the features of a true single-serve brewer, such as a built-in water filter.
Drip coffee maker with coffee pod adapter
Similar to the k-cup adapter, this style usually has a custom pod that you can fill with your own coffee grounds. This gives you more flexibility than a traditional k-cup coffee maker, but it requires you fill the pod yourself instead of just picking a k-cup from your home selection.
Espresso coffee maker with carafe
This type of machine is perfect for people who want to make traditional espresso drinks like lattes and cappuccinos. It comes with a built-in steam wand that allows you to froth milk for your drinks.
However, the carafe often doesn’t have a large capacity and it’s not as versatile as some of the other types of dual coffee makers.
Dual coffee maker with grinder
This type of machine is perfect for people who want to grind their own coffee beans. It comes with a built-in grinder that allows you to customize the flavor of your coffee.
However, it can be difficult to find coffee beans that are compatible with this type of grinder, so you may have to experiment with different brands.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best dual purpose coffee maker?
Buying one of the best combination coffee makers depends on your budget, needs, and preferences. Some popular options include the Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker, the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Single Serve & Full Pot Coffee Maker, and the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System.
What is a two way coffee maker?
A two way coffee is a combination machine that allows you to make both single serve and traditional full pot brewed coffee. It usually comes with a single-serve brewer and a filter for brewing regular, drip style coffee.
Do dual coffee makers come with carafes?
Yes, some dual coffee makers come with thermal carafes. There are two types of carafes: a traditional glass or a metal thermal carafe that is insulated to keep your coffee hot for hours. Make sure you choose the right type depending on your needs.
Can I use any K-Cup pods with my dual coffee maker?
Most dual coffee makers come with k-cup adapters and will use pods as well.
Can dual coffee systems make cold brew coffee?
Unfortunately, no. But, there are plenty that can make iced coffee. While both of these drinks are deliciously chilled, cold brew is made by steeping coffee grounds in cold water for several hours (or days). Dual coffee makers are not designed to do this.